Thursday, March 31, 2011

Countdown to Germany...

Ever since I met my boyfriend, Sebastian, last June, we've talked about me visiting his hometown in Germany one day. 

Well, after several hours of searching for one single document, I was able to get my passport and we booked a flight to Frankfurt for two weeks in May. 

I've decided that I'm going to try to document the trip from beginning to end. From the pre-packing stages to the actual time spent in Germany. 

We're planning on visiting several cities while there, and possibly heading across the borders to either Venice, Italy or Paris, France (I'd be excited with either choice really). 

These are the cities were planing on visiting: 
Frankfurt
Wuzburg
Bamberg
Numberg
Munich
Baden-Wurttemberg
and possibly:
Paris
Venice
Prague

It's going to be a whirlwind trip, but I'm sure we'll be able to fit all these cities and experiences, along with meeting various family members and friends, in to a two week trip.

Right now, I'm in the research mode, where I'm researching everything I could possibly want to see in these cities to fulfill my desires to see the castles and architecture, eat and mingle with the natives, learning the language to try to hold conversations with his family and accomplish a beer tour of 10 breweries in one city. 

My list of sites I want to see is quite long right now, but I'm sure after going over it a couple more times before the trip, I'll take things off or add new things to do.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment