They are chocolatey, fudgy, and so addicting.
1/2 cup of butter or coconut oil, melted
1 1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 cup of flour
3/4 cup of cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
Optional add ins:
1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped or chips
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350*
1. Mix melted butter or coconut oil with sugars until fully blended.
2. Add the eggs, mix until fully incorporated
3. Add vanilla, mix until incorporated
4. Add flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix until incorporated. Batter will seem dry at first, but keep stirring, it'll be a thicker batter.
5. If adding, stir in chocolate chunks
6. Pour batter into greased 8x8 or 9x9 pan
7. Sprinkle chopped pecans or walnuts on top evenly
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, checking middle with a knife or toothpick.
9. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into equal pieces and enjoy!
I cut mine into 16 1"x1" squared and have been storing them in the refrigerator. When I need a sweet treat, I microwave a square or two for 15-20 seconds.
Note: I used a gluten free flour blend, but I'm sure any flour would work well. The texture may change though.